Consumption by Mammals
Food grade Diatomaceous Earth has a multitude of positive health related benefits when fed daily to all mammal and avian species alike.
Perma-guard’s Fossil Shell Flour deposit is 89 - 95 percent amorphous silica. As well as being very high in silica percentage it also contains 15 essential trace minerals including phosphorous, selenium, calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc and iron.
Silica alone is in fact crucial to bones, tendons, skin, cartilage and blood vessels. Silica exists in the blood stream and important organs such as the liver, heart, and lungs. Silica won’t build up in the body as it is water soluble and easily absorbed by the intestinal wall and rapidly excreted. Daily consumption is therefore necessary. No studies to date have found negative side effects from too much Silica.
Mixed with your animals normal feed it promotes improved health, well-being, vitality and productivity when used on a daily basis.
As well as the trace minerals, Fossil Shell Flour particles are negatively charged (rather rare). Heavy metals, bacteria and viruses, pesticides and drug residues are often positively charged. As the tiny particles of DE sweep through the digestive tract they attract or draw in the positively charged nasties, capture them within their framework and consequentially pass them out as waste.
Regular consumption of DE can therefore have the potential to have a detoxifying effect on some users.
Some of the reported potential benefits of daily consumption of DE include …
- 15 Trace minerals – beneficial for soil, plants, animals and potentially even humans
- Can assist to detoxify bacteria, viruses, heavy metals and toxins
- Colon cleanser, digestive aid, can assist with bowel related disorders
- Better feed conversion, improves weight gain and general health
- Promotes shinier coats, hair, skin, manes, hooves, nails and plumage
- Completely non-toxic, no potential for parasites to gain immunity over time
- Cost effective health supplement resulting in reduced animal stress, better well-being and often reduced vet bills.
Feeding in-sufficient quantities of DE has the potential of not producing the desired result. There are no known side effects from over consumption of food grade Diatomaceous Earth. Please see ‘DE Dose rates’ for more detailed information.
Like all new introductions exercise caution and introduce slowly, increasing dosages gradually over time until reaching the desired level. As individuals, environments and situations are all unique we recommend considered fine tuning to achieve maximum benefit.